Heaven on Earth. For the past couple of days, I was at Ross Lake Resort(WA) in the North Cascades National Park. The lake is actually a dammed up river(Skagit River). The dam generates power for Seattle City Light. All of the cabins are built on floating docks. Many of the float logs supporting the docks and buildings are old-growth red cedar used in the original floating camp( for workers building the dam) that became the resort nearly 60 years ago. Some of these are more than 3 ft. in diameter and hundreds of years old! Getting there can be quite the challenge. A long drive, a decent hike down the mountain side(beautiful) and then a boat ride across(there's also a ferry that costs a lot to take. I opted for the hike). So only bring what you can carry! It's not accessible by road. It was so lovely to be in complete isolation for a few days. I got a lot of reading done :)
Saturday, July 17, 2010
nature girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Beautiful!!
ReplyDeletelovely pictures! were you there all by yourself?
ReplyDeleteOh wow, it sounds so peaceful there! And talk about picturesque!
ReplyDeleteHoly wow!! Now I really want to go there!! It seems so wonderfull! Who knows one day I'll be lucky enough to go! :)
ReplyDeleteThese photos are so gorgeous! It looks so peaceful & relaxing :)
ReplyDeletekimvee.blogspot.com
omvintage.etsy.com
ohmyvintage.blogspot.com
WOW. that sounded so wonderful! <3 and lovely. i kind of know how that isolation feels like. it really is bliss. (: glad you enjoyed your trip there, pretty. the pictures are BEAUTIFUL. <3
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you! I'm glad you didn't feel stalked or something. I meant what I posted about you!
ReplyDeleteLooks really beautiful. Love the pictures!
such a beautiful place!
ReplyDeletexo
I love how unique and secluded this resort sounds.
ReplyDelete