Monday, November 22, 2010

{winter wonderland}

I'm living in a winter wonderland. I had my first snow day in almost five years! That's right they cancelled classes today. I have to admit this little dusting of snow causing such havoc on Seattle makes me chuckle. Growing up on the east coast, this is nothing. It's below freezing?! It's the end of the world! Arctic Storm! Seattleites, do not know what to make of this snow. But I will also admit, I am beyond thrilled that it's snowing. 
I'm sitting here blogging by my fireplace, I should do this more often. I have Kanye West's new album keeping me company. Freaking brilliant. Love it. Cabin fever. The reason everything shuts down with the slightest snow storm is because Seattle just doesn't have experience with snow. The roads are never properly cleared. And people just do not know how to drive in it. And the ice makes things worse. I'm praying for a bottle of wine to be delivered to my front door, pretty please - make it red. Thanks. 

11 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures. <3 i've never been somewhere where it snows before! ): oh well.. i'll have to give kanye's new album a listen sometime. (:
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love snow and I love your blog...


    xxx Debora

    http://glamorouscircusblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your beautiful as always and your pictures never seem to amaze me.
    the snow looks so lovely.
    stay warm and enjoy your snow day!!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to do outfit posts in the snow! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to hate winter, but after seeing these pictures, i guess , i'll change my mind <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley, you look wonderful. I've never been in snow, I can't wait for the day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you guys are having the same winter as here in cold Sweden! But I think it's brilliant, so beautiful and nice. Wish I had a fire place to blog from, but the radiator and a nice cup of tea is nice enough=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I totally agree! I live in Bremerton, WA - which is a couple hours away from Seattle! When we had that "big" snow storm I had to go pick up my boyfriend in Poulsbo. It should have only taken me 15 minutes but since nobody knows how to drive in the snow it took me 5 hours. Did I mention my gas light came on?! aaahhh!

    I'm not from Washington or the east coast. So I'm not as used to the snow as you probably are, but I lived in Northern California my whole life - so I'm somewhat experienced. I lived near Mt. Shasta and it snowed so much!

    PS: I love your hair! & your blog! Yay for finding new blogs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your fur cardi, so cute! Your dog is adorable, I kinda wanna steal it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting and thank you even more for your comment.